The typical chemical composition of the rare-earth silicide alloys made by the company are as follows: RE=30-40%,Si=50-60%,Ca<=2.0%,Al<=1.5%,Ti<=0.3%, and the rest is Fe (refer to the attached table about the details). And the chemical composition can be changed according to the users' demands.
- Melting temperature range: 1,200-1,400 degree centigrade
- Density:3.4-3.5g/cubic centimeters(RE content:30%)
- chemical activity: Strong activity and no tendency to powder in the air
- Low impurity content
- Alloy phase composition: Ce (La)Si2,Si and FeSi2.
The rare-earth silicide alloys are widely used as the additive for cast iron and steel, the additive composition of nodularizer for ductile iron, the inoculant for grev cast-iron, and the alloying agent, deoxidant and desulfurizer for steel, that have considerable effect of the improvement of the comprehensive mechanical properties of steels or irons.
The rare-earth silicide alloys can purify molten steel, modify the shape and distribution of impurity,enhance machining performance and overcome hot brittleness when 0.05-0.2%of the rare-earth silicide alloys is added into the molten steel in general.
The rare-earth silicide alloys are usually used as the master alloy of nodularizer, vermicularizing agent and inoculant.
As the rule, the modification purpose can be achieved when the added amount of nodularizer in molten cast-iron is 0.8-1.5%,the added amount of vermicularizing agent 0.6-1.0% and the added amount of the inoculant 0.05-0.2%.
At present 70,000,000 tons cast-iron need to be modified in the world. Therefore, the rare-earth silicide alloys will be used in steelworks, casting factories, and nodularizer and modified alloys manufacturers.
- Delived in block or particle in package, weight of max. block not to be more than 3,000g.
- Without obvious non-metal impurities on the surface and in the side of the alloy (But the coating for ingot mould, attached on the surface, is permitted if it can not be brushed off)
- Silver grey appearance and without obvious efflorescent phenomenon.
- Packed in woven bag, gunny-bag, one mt net per package or packed according to the users' demands.
Chemical Proportion %
|No more than||balance|
Lewis B. Sckolnick, President
130 Rattlesnake Gutter Road
Leverett, MA 01054-9726 USA
|Web Site: http://www.chemfact.com/|
|CGI Scripts by Deepwoods Software||Copyright © 2000-2011 Chemfact ®, Leverett MA USA|
|Site hosted by CoyoteData Security|